Astana International Financial Centre (AIFC)
AIFC Green Finance Centre Ltd was established to develop and promote green and social financial instruments in Kazakhstan and Central Asia.
Shareholders – Astana International financial center and the Eurasian Development Bank.
- Assistance in issuing green/social bonds on the Exchange of the Astana International financial center
- Reimbursement/minimization of issuers' expenses related to the placement of green/social bonds on the Exchange of the Astana International financial center
- Development of a mandatory external review for green/social bonds in the Second-Party Opinion format
- Negotiations with potential investors on their possible participation in the placement of green/social bonds.
Green/social bonds – these are debt securities issued for the purpose of attracting funds to finance projects that bring environmental/social benefits.
Advantages of issuing green/social bonds for the emitter:
- Increased investment demand;
- Raising capital in a crisis;
- Attracting a new wide group of investors;
- Additional PR bonuses and reputation improvement;
- Opportunity to combine long-term investment projects with long-term strategies of investors.
Advantages of issuing green/social bonds for investors:
- Opportunity to invest in green projects and socially significant activities;
- Transparency and accountability of investments;
- Comparable profitability with other investments with benefits for the environment and additional PR bonuses;
- Compliance with obligations as PRI signatories or responsible investor status.
Director of business development