NJSC "International green technologies and investment projects center"
Non-profit joint-stock company "International green technologies and investment projects center" (hereinafter – the Center or the Company) was established by the decree of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 224 dated April 27, 2018, on behalf of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan - Elbasy Nursultan Nazarbayev as part of the initiative announced by him in September 2015 at the 70th UN General Assembly, on the basis of the infrastructure and heritage of the international exhibition "ASTANA-EXPO-2017".
This center is designed to solve the problems of transition to "green" business, transfer and adaptation of "green" technologies and best practices, development of "green" finance and other investment-stimulating measures.
Having analyzed international experience and taking into account the requirements of the national policy on green growth, the Center defined its Mission in promoting green technologies and best practices, the implementation of which will contribute to the achievement of Kazakhstan's strategic goal of becoming one of the 50 competitive economies in the world, improving the quality of life of the population and reducing the negative impact on the environment.
Promotion of green technologies and business support to improve the competitiveness of the economy, the quality of life of the population and reduce the negative impact on the environment.
National coordinator of the green technology market and recognized international partner in the field of green growth.
- Creating conditions for the development of the green technology market in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Promote the transition of the Republic of Kazakhstan to the principles of best available technologies (BAT).
- Become a recognized international partner for attracting green finance, exchange of experience and technology transfer.
The Center's business support activities are aimed at providing assistance to enterprises implementing "green" technologies by attracting grant funding for the development of the following areas:
- energy saving and energy efficiency improvement, energy service;
- introduction of renewable energy sources, including for the needs of autonomous power supply;
- waste management;
- eco-friendly transport;
The center provides the following services:
- Complex, legal and technical support of business projects in the field of "green economy", ensuring the creation of comfortable working conditions for investors.
- Organizes meetings of investors and technology owners with government agencies, subjects of industrial and innovative activity, as well as associations of private business entities.
- Exchange of information, support of investment projects, provision of consultations, trainings and expert support.
- Investors are offered investment offers and necessary support in the process of finding a partner or implementing investment projects.
- Participates in the implementation of projects, joint competitive applications for international grants in the field of introduction of green technologies, development of green finance, information promotion of the "green economy", etc.
- Conducts work to improve the regulatory framework for the development of green technologies and makes recommendations to the relevant state bodies of RK.
- It provides a range of services, such as acceleration, business incubation, and investment attraction. Creating an ecosystem of green technologies, developing partner networks and promoting local green technologies, holding technology brokerage events in active regions of Kazakhstan with representatives of investors, technology developers and NGO representatives to solve technological problems and environmental problems of the regions.